As of August 9, 2022, Harris County MUD 46 has taken the necessary corrective actions to restore the quality of water for the District and has provided the TCEQ with laboratory results that indicate that the water no longer requires boiling prior to use. Please note that the District remains on an Interconnect with a neighboring MUD and is requesting that all residents continue to conserve water as much as possible.
Tips for After a Water Boil Water Notice is Lifted: Fundamentally, what you will be doing after any drinking water boil water notice is flushing your plumbing system and cleaning or replacing anything that has come into contact with water.
- First flush hot water faucets for fifteen minutes, and cold-water faucets for five minutes or until it feels cold.
- Flush your refrigerator filter for a least a quart of water or change the filter.
- Ice cubes from refrigerators: automatic ice dispensers should be emptied of ice made during the boil order and run through a 24-hour cycle, discarding the ice to assure purging of the icemaker water supply line.
- Run your dishwasher empty for a full cycle.
- Discard any water used in humidifiers, Continuous Positive Airway Pressure (CPAP), oral, medical or health care devices, and rinse the device with clean water.
- Clean, then flush every toilet with a quick flush.
- Change all water filters currently in use.
- Clean and sanitize all pet bowls.